Please click the above button to download the Rental Application. Drop off the completed application, along with the application fee of $40 for the 1st applicant, and an additional $20 for each unrelated adult at the office. (A separate application (page 1 only) for each person over 18).
We need a clear copy of each person's driver's license or other government issued photo ID, for each person over 18 years old.
If we're not in the office, drop the application thru our maildrop by the front door, and call us so we may start the processing. Be sure we have a good contact phone number for you!
What TurnKey requires for rentals
1. All applicants 18 or older must submit a fully completed, dated and signed residency application. Please be honest on your application so you're not paying an app fee when we cannot assist you. Applicants must provide a current government issued photo identification card or a driver’s license. A non- refundable application fee of $40.00 for the 1st applicant, and $20.00 for additional non related applicant.
2. Income Requirements: Applicants need to be prepared to show a combined income of at least three times the monthly rent. We reserve the right to require a co-signer. A minimum of two years satisfactory residential history required. Self-employed applicants are required to produce, upon request, five years of tax returns and/or business banking statements which include your company's business name. Non-employed individuals must provide proof of income. All sources of income must be verifiable. We cannot accept letters, or documentation for employers or others whom claim to pay in cash, tips and so forth, that are not reported to the IRS. We do not accept unemployment income for consideration and for child support, a minimum of 6 consecutive months of ON TIME payments must be demonstrated.
3. Credit Reporting: Minimum desired FICO score 600. Our company policy is to report all non-compliances with the terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent as agreed, or any amounts owed to any or all of the various credit reporting agencies and to turn delinquent accounts over to collection agencies.
4. Background Investigation Requirements: Criminal/Public records must contain no convictions for felonies or domestic violence within the past seven years and no sexual offenses ever, nor crimes involving violence, assault or battery, drugs, or firearms. In the event a record comes back “adjudication withheld or deferred, or nolle prosse” further documentation may be required BY YOU, and application may be denied on this basis. All convictions will be evaluated on a case by case basis, however, you must have been released from prison for 7 years and if given probation, the date of conviction must have been at least 7 years ago.
5. No bankruptcies in the last seven years, and NO evictions in the last 4 years. Eviction filings in the last 7 years will automatically incur a double security deposit, as well as requiring a satisfactory screening. IF your Landlord filed an eviction on you and you moved before it was executed, that does NOT mean you have not been technically evicted. If in doubt, check with the county court where you resided.
6. Rental/Mortgage Requirements: Previous rental history from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbance or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination, and NO outstanding balances to Landlords and/or Property Management companies, unless a verifiable payment plan has been arranged and verified.
7. Pet Policy: No pets (with the exception of medically necessary pets – physician’s note accompanied) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord in the rental documents, an addendum to the Rental Contract, and a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and additional pet fee with additional monthly pet rent. Pet rent and fees are waived for medically necessary pets. Pet rents are established on a per property basis, but are a minimum of $150 pet fee per pet and $25 per month per pet. Pet vaccinations must be kept current and readily available for inspection. NO MORE THAN 2 pets.
8. Holding or Good Faith Deposit Requirements: We require a holding or good faith deposit to be collected to hold a property off the market. In the event the application is approved and applicant fails to enter into a Rental Contract/Lease, the applicant shall forfeit this deposit. In the event the application is approved, this deposit shall be applied to the required security deposit.
9. Liquid Furniture: Liquid furniture (water beds, etc) is acceptable provided that the home is structurally safe for the weight and the applicant provides proof of insurance naming TurnKey as beneficiary of any claim paid. The applicant will be responsible for 100% of any repairs, replacements, or lost rent that are caused by liquid furniture malfunctions or abuse.
10. Occupancy Requirements: The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards and guidelines for the applied for unit. The standards are as follows:
No more than 2 persons may occupy a 1 bedroom dwelling, No more than 4 persons may occupy a 2 bedroom dwelling, No more than 6 persons may occupy a 3 bedroom dwelling, No more than 8 persons may occupy a 4 bedroom dwelling,
11. No Verbal Agreements: Any exceptions to our criteria must be submitted in writing to the landlord for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, co-signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required. No verbal agreements will be executed or honored. Any agreements must be in writing and signed by both parties. ALL OCCUPANTS (OVER 18) MUST BE PRESENT AT RENTAL CONTRACT SIGNING.
12. TurnKey retains the right to change these criterion at its discretion without prior notice.